“Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” – Anita Desai
Markets, saunas and pulla…
Thanks to our lovely neighbors we’ve got to experience first hand Finnish living. They have given us so many tips on what foods to try, where to go in the city and where to shop.
A few fun facts…
- Finnish culture is so laid back, they love their saunas and coffee.
- Fins drink the most cups of coffee per person in the world.
- Spa for Fins means sauna. You can find them almost every where, in apartments, houses, at the gym, hotels and summer cottages. This is a very important part of their lifestyle/ culture.
- Lunch is often served buffet style
- Pulla is a semi-sweet roll and popular dessert bread
- People ride dirt bikes around town
- Square markets are rather popular. You can find fresh fruits, vegetables, meat, sea food, baked goods, plants and flowers.
Here is a little video of our time here so far