Our first year abroad we didn’t know what to expect, everything was new to us – We had no guide lines so we packed what we thought we needed and the rest we left to chance. Being away from home can be exciting but at the same time its nerve wracking, specially when you get sick. There is no worst feeling than being sick in a foreign country and not be able to go to the pharmacy to buy medicine because they don’t sell it over the counter!
Here are some of the things that we had a hard time finding or were way too expensive so this year we decided to bring them with us.
- Vitamins! (C, D and Fish oil) we buy them at Costco, they are huge.
- Oregano oil (this is a must, considering the cold winter and short days)
- Buckley’s (You need a prescription to buy cough medicine.. weird I know)
- Pepto (multi purpose)
- Advil, Ibuprofen
- P.M.S pills
- Hair vitamins, multi vitamins
- Acne cream (Needs prescription and its about $40 for a small tube)
- Halls (Unless you like fisherman friends)
- Neo (Holy grail) They sell a similar kind in Europe but without the medication.. basically hot lemonade.
- Emergen C (Perfect to boost the immune)
- Nail polish & remover
- Shampoo & hair treatments
- Deodorant (we don’t like the rolly ones)
- Mio (For flavored water)
- Essential oils (obsessed)
- Hair tools
- Hair gel
- Wax strips
- Protein powder
- Silicone muffin cups
- Sowing kit
- First aid kit
- Apple TV
- Portable speaker
- Energy adapter
- Portable charger
- Selfie stick
- Slippers (It’s SO hard to find some in this area of Finland… People like to use wool socks)
- Alcohol (DUTY FREE)
These are some of our essentials while living in Europe, bringing these with us just makes life a bit easier.